The Palestine Parliamentary Committee has issued a number of recommendations related to Jerusalem and the Israeli violations against it and its Islamic holy sites.
Speaker of the House of Representatives and Arab Inter-Parliamentary Union, Atef Tarawneh had earlier called for an emergency meeting to discuss the Zionist violations against Al-Aqsa Mosque following statements issued by the Israeli Public Security Minister regarding the status quo at Al Aqsa Mosque/Al Haram Al Sharif.
During the meeting, held on Monday, August 19, 2019, the Committee confirmed in a statement the importance of maintaining the Hashemite custodianship over Islamic and Christian holy sites in Jerusalem, as a historical right guaranteed by all international conventions and norms.
The statement added that members of the Parliament will carry out a protest near King Hussein Bridge next Friday, August 23, 2019, to show Jordan's rejection of the Israeli Public Security Minister's statements, where he called for changing the status quo in Jerusalem so that Zionists can perform Talmudic religious ceremonies in the Temple Mount.
During the meeting, the Committee issued a number of recommendations that included:
- Paying tribute to the Jordanian diplomacy led by His Majesty King Abdullah II in all international forums.
- Rejecting the temporal and spatial division of Al-Aqsa.
- Not to allow the Zionist entity to change the temporal and spatial status in Jerusalem, which is contrary to international laws and resolutions.
- Calling on the ambassadors of the permanent members of the Security Council, the European Union (EU), the Arab Group and the Islamic Group to affirm their support for resolving the Palestinian cause.
- Calling for holding the "Road to Jerusalem II" conference under the royal patronage, similar to the previous one.
- Stressing the importance of maintaining the Hashemite custodianship over the Islamic and Christian holy sites in Jerusalem as it is considered a historical right guaranteed by all international conventions and norms.
- Calling presidents of all Arab parliaments to hold an emergency meeting to talk about the situation in Jerusalem.
- Calling on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates to use all methods to put pressure on the Zionist entity to abide by the international resolutions regarding Jerusalem.
- Calling on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates to place pressure on the Zionist entity to stop all settlement activities in the Palestinian territories and implement previous UNESCO resolutions related to Jerusalem.
- Stopping excavations in Jerusalem that violate the international resolutions.
- Al-Aqsa Mosque Endowments Council must be supported and the number of staff and guards in Al-Aqsa Mosque should be increased.
- Organizing a protest at King Hussein Bridge by members of the Parliament next Friday to show Jordan's rejection of the Israeli Public Security Minister's statements, where he called for changing the status quo in Jerusalem so that Zionists can perform Talmudic religious ceremonies in the Temple Mount.
- Reconsidering the Wadi Araba Accord through the Legal Committee and the Palestine Committee.
- Summoning the Jordanian Ambassador in Tel Aviv and expelling the Israeli Ambassador from Amman.
- Stopping all forms of normalization with the Zionist entity.
- Keeping Bab al-Rahma at Al-Aqsa Mosque open for worshipers.
- Addressing racist and Zionist laws through the Arab Parliament.
Also read: MP Saud calls on members of Parliament to protest near King Hussein Bridge this Friday
Jordan sends letter of objection to Israel over Israeli Minister's statements
Jordan summons Israeli Ambassador in Amman, confirms condemnation of Israeli violations against Aqsa