Published: 2021-05-09 11:53
Last Updated: 2021-06-12 18:36
The National Emergency Crisis and Disaster Management Authority in the UAE announced five precautionary measures for the upcoming Eid Al-Fitr, the most prominent of which is withholding cash 'gifts' from children.
The authority stressed the need for citizens and residents to adhere to these five precautionary measures:
- Avoid family visits and gatherings including extended family. The authority advised people to limit spending time with family members who live in the same house.
- Wear face masks and abide by social distancing guidelines especially elderly citizens and people with chronic diseases.
- People should extend Eid greetings to friends and family through social media, text massages or phonecalls.
- People should avoid exchanging gifts or sharing with neighbors.
- Refrain from giving cash gifts especially to children.
The authority said getting vaccinated will have a positive effect on the Emirati society by breaking the chain of infection and will help maintain the achievements made in combatting the coronavirus pandemic.