Belgium to expand sanctions against “Israel”

World

Published: 2024-05-06 16:52

Last Updated: 2024-06-24 16:58


Palestinian Foreign Minister Riad Malki and Belgium’s Foreign Minister Petra De Sutter from their meeting today. (Photo: De Stutter’s “X” account)
Palestinian Foreign Minister Riad Malki and Belgium’s Foreign Minister Petra De Sutter from their meeting today. (Photo: De Stutter’s “X” account)

Belgium’s Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Petra De Sutter stated today that the looming “Israeli” invasion of the city of Rafah in Gaza will “lead to a massacre.”

In a meeting with the Palestinian Minister of Foreign Affairs, Riad Malki, De Sutter said Belgium is currently working to expand the sanctions against the Israeli Occupation and continue to push for the recognition of the State of Palestine, and full membership in the United Nations.

Belgium previously called for an immediate suspension of the “Israel-EU” association agreement one month after the start of the aggression against the Gaza Strip on Oct. 7, 2023.


Also Read: Biden to speak to Netanyahu today


Earlier today, the Israeli Occupation Forces (IOF) initiated the evacuation of citizens living east of Rafah, located in the southern Gaza Strip, urging them to move to the Al-Mawasi area in anticipation of an imminent invasion.

Reports from Israeli Occupation Army Radio said that leaflets were being distributed in the border-adjacent areas east of Rafah, urging residents to show cooperation as preparations for the operation are underway.

The radio further indicated that a limited evacuation is planned from neighborhoods where approximately 100,000 citizens reside. The evacuation destinations are the camps in Khan Yunis and Al-Mawasi.

*Stay informed with our carefully curated content delivered directly to your inbox. Subscribe to our newsletter for exclusive updates and in-depth analysis. Click here to subscribe.