Monday, the Ministry of Education in Gaza stressed the need for international intervention to stop the Israeli Occupation's aggression and hold it accountable for the ongoing crimes. The latest victims were children and students in schools in Gaza when the Israeli Occupation Forces (IOF) targeted educational institutions, which is evidence of the 'brutality' of the Occupation.
The Palestinian news agency Wafa published a statement issued by the ministry to mourn the death of 20 students from different schools. The children were identified as:
- Bashar Ahmad Ibrahim Smour - 11th grade/ Al-Mutanabi New Secondary School for Boys
- Lina Iyad Fathi Shreir - 10th grade/ Al-Majida Wasila Bin Ammar Secondary School for Girls
- Dima Al-Franji - 11th grade/ Mahfouz Al-Nahnah Secondary School for Girls
- Mustafa Mohammad Mahmoud Obaid - 11th grade/ Osama bin Zaid Secondary School for Boys
- Mohammed Saber Ibrahim Suleiman - 10th grade/ Osama bin Zaid Secondary School for Boys
- Hala Hussein Raafat Al-Rifi - Eighth grade/ Al-Sayeda Ruqaya Elementary School for Girls
- Khaled Emad Khaled Al-Qanu'- 12th grade/ Khalil Al-Rahman Secondary School for Boys
- Hanaa Shukri Al-Qolaq - Mustafa Hafez Primary School for Girls
- Hamza Nassar - Sixth grade/ Al-Hashemite Elementary School for Boys
- Ahmed Rami Al-Hawajri - Eighth grade / Al-Breij Middle School for Boys
- Tala Ayman Abu Al-Awf - Mustafa Hafez Elementary School for Girls
- Tawfiq Ayman Abu Al-Awf / Hassan Al-Harazin Secondary School
- Dana Ashkanatna - Cairo Elementary School B
- Ahmed Al-Qolaq - Suleiman Sultan School A
- Mira Rami Al-Frangi - Cairo Elementary School B
- Yara Muhammad Mueen Al-Qolaq - Cairo Elementary School A
- Rola Muhammad Mueen Al-Qolaq - Cairo Elementary School A
- Amir Rami Al-Frangi - Amir Al-Mansi School B
- Hala Muhammad Mueen al-Qolaq - Mustafa Hafez Primary School for Girls
- Zakaria Zeyad Alloush - 11th grade/ Osama bin Zaid Secondary School for Boys
The ministry called on all human rights and humanitarian institutions and ministries of education around the world to expose these violations and put pressure on the Israeli Occupation to stop these crimes, which are a clear violation of all international laws.
The ministry noted that the Israeli Occupation's targets reveal their intentions. It stressed that it will spare no effort in holding the Occupation accountable for the crimes they committed through international political, diplomatic and legal means.
The ministry wished all those who were injured a speedy recovery and extended its condolences to the victims' families.