Wessam Hamada, Hind Rajab's mother
Hind Rajab’s mother rejects ‘Israeli’ probe, demands accountability
Note: AI technology was used to generate this article’s audio.
- Hind Rajab’s mother rejects the ‘Israeli’ military’s probe.
- She says the investigation falls short of justice.
- She demands full and independent accountability.
The mother of Hind Rajab, the five-year-old Palestinian girl killed in Gaza City in 2024, has rejected Thursday the ‘Israeli’ military’s decision to open an internal criminal investigation into the tragedy, stating that the long-overdue move falls far short of true justice.
The statement follows the ‘Israeli’ military’s first formal admission that its forces opened fire on the vehicle carrying Hind and her family members, after previously denying any involvement or presence in the area.
Wessam Hamada, Hind’s mother, declared that a closed internal military probe does not constitute accountability for the killing of her daughter, six family members, and the two Palestinian Red Crescent paramedics dispatched to rescue them.
"Hind was a frightened and injured child, trapped inside the car among the bodies of her family members, pleading with the world to save her," Hamada said. "Opening an investigation is a long-overdue step. Justice has not yet begun."
Hamada questioned why no action was taken while her daughter remained trapped and pleading for hours, or when the paramedics attempting to reach her were killed.
The grieving mother called for an independent and transparent international inquiry, while emphasizing that the case cannot be treated solely as a reopened file driven by global pressure.
Read more: 'Israel' opens criminal probe into killing of Hind Rajab
Hind Rajab was killed in January 2024 after the 'Israeli' military intentionally opened fire on the vehicle she was traveling in Gaza City.
Trapped alongside the bodies of her relatives, she remained on the phone with Palestine Red Crescent Society dispatchers for hours before contact was lost.
Her body, along with those of her family and the two paramedics, was recovered 12 days later following an 'Israeli' withdrawal.
Rights organizations have consistently expressed skepticism regarding internal 'Israeli' military probes, pointing to a historic lack of independent oversight and accountability in military-led investigations.



