Day 81 | Trump says attack on Iran put on hold after Gulf states’ intervention
US President Donald Trump said the leaders of Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE asked him to “hold off” on a planned attack on Iran scheduled for Tuesday to allow space for “serious negotiations.” His comments came after Iran announced it had submitted its response to the latest US proposal through Pakistani mediation.
Meanwhile, the death toll from Israeli attacks on Lebanon since the start of the war has surpassed 3,000, according to health officials. As the attacks continue, the Israeli navy has begun intercepting and seizing vessels from an aid flotilla attempting to break the blockade on the Gaza Strip.
In a separate development, Iraq said it has launched an investigation into a drone attack that Saudi Arabia claims was launched from Iraqi territory.
Trump says US will be satisfied if Iran agrees to no nuclear weapon
US President Donald Trump said Washington would likely accept a diplomatic resolution with Iran if key Middle Eastern allies approve the terms, while reaffirming that preventing Tehran from obtaining a nuclear weapon remains his administration’s top condition.
“If they’re satisfied, we will be probably satisfied also,” Trump said, referring to regional allies involved in ongoing discussions.
Trump also revealed that he agreed to postpone a major military strike that had been scheduled for the following day after direct appeals from the leaders of Saudi Arabia, Qatar and the UAE.
According to Trump, the Gulf nations requested a brief delay of two to three days, arguing they were close to finalizing an agreement with Tehran. He said the decision to hold off on the strike was made to give diplomacy a final opportunity and in hopes of securing a lasting breakthrough.
Iran warns of swift response to any new attack
Iran’s Khatam al-Anbiya Central Headquarters said its forces are fully prepared to respond “quickly and decisively” to any new aggression.
The statement was delivered by the commander of the Iranian military command center, who said the country’s armed forces have reached a high level of readiness amid rising regional tensions.
“Our forces are now prepared and will respond rapidly and firmly to any new aggression by enemies,” the commander said, according to Iranian state media.
Day 80 of the US-‘Israeli’ war on Iran
For coverage of the previous day - visit the link below.
Read more: Day 80 | Trump to Iran: ‘Clock is ticking’ for reaching US agreement



