Houthis military spokesperson Yahya Sare’e. (File)
Yemen’s Houthis say launched hypersonic ballistic missile at “Israel”
The Yemen's Houthi said Tuesday they fired a "ballistic missile" at central “Israel”, after the Israeli military said it intercepted a "projectile".
The Iran-backed group, who have targeted “Israel” as well as key maritime routes over the Gaza aggression, last week fired two missiles that caused damage and more than a dozen injuries in the commercial hub of Tel Aviv.
On Tuesday the Houthis said in a statement that they had targeted a military site "of the Israeli enemy in the occupied area of Yaffa with a hypersonic ballistic missile.”
The Israeli Occupation Forces (IOF) earlier claimed it had intercepted "a projectile that was launched from Yemen", after air raid sirens sounded in the centre and south of “Israel”.
It said the projectile "was intercepted prior to crossing into Israeli territory".
The Houthis have launched dozens of strikes targeting “Israel” in support of Palestine since the aggression on Gaza on Oct. 7, 2023.



