Published: 2020-08-21 16:50
Last Updated: 2022-07-06 06:32
34 new COVID-19 cases have been recorded in Jordan on Friday, including 25 local cases, bringing the total number of cases since the beginning of the coronavirus crisis to 1,532.
The local cases involve:
• 19 cases in Amman — 12 of which came into contact with other positive cases and seven cases from al-Faisaly sports club are being investigated to find the source.
• One case in Zarqa — who came into contact with another positive case.
• One case in Balqa— from al-Faisaly sports club and investigations are ongoing to determine the source of infection.
• Four cases in Irbid — all of which came into contact with other positive cases.
The rest of the cases involve:
• Three Jordanian truck drivers who entered from Saudi Arabia via Al-Omari border crossing.
• Six people from abroad who are currently staying in hotel quarantine — one who travelled from Saudi Arabia, one from Qatar, and one from the UAE, one from Ukraine, one from the USA and one person who accompanied a traveler.
One recovery cases was confirmed and discharged from Prince Hamzah Hospital.
A total of 7,367 COVID-19 tests were conducted on Friday, bringing the total number of tests conducted since the beginning of the crisis to 728,339.
The Ministry of Health reiterated the need to adhere to preventive measures, avoid gatherings for more than 20 people, wear facemasks, social distance, and use Aman and Sehtak mobile applications.