Girl in bad health condition after mistakenly taking narcotic substance

Jordan

Published: 2019-09-15 13:09

Last Updated: 2019-09-15 13:57


Girl in bad health condition after mistakenly taking narcotic substance
Girl in bad health condition after mistakenly taking narcotic substance
Roya News Source

A four-year-old girl has been taken to a hospital after, mistakenly, taking a narcotic substance in Madaba governorate on Sunday, September 15, 2019.

Media spokesman for the Public Security Directorate (PSD) said that the Anti-Narcotics Department (AND) have received a report indicating that a girl was found in a bad health condition and has been referred to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) after she had taken a narcotic substance while she was at her family house.

Following the report, members of the PSD and the AND headed to the girl's family house to search it.

As they were interrogating the girl's father, he admitted that he had put an amount of industrial hashish powder inside a cup of tea that he left on the table.

He added that by mistake, the girl drank the tea, which left her in a bad health condition.

Members of the PSD managed to arrest the father and referred him to the public prosecutor for further interrogation.

The media spokesman for the PSD has warned citizens of the danger of these toxic substances, which may cause death from the first dose.