Minister of Interior, Samir Mubaideen, Minister of State for Media Affairs, Jumana Ghunaimat, Director of the General Directorate of Gendarmes, Hussein Hawatmeh, and the Public Security Department Director, Maj. Gen. Fadel Hmoud, held a joint press conference on Monday 13, 2018 where they briefed and aswered questions regarding the Fuhais terrorist attack and Salt joint-force raid:
Minister of State for Media Affairs, Jumana Ghunaimat:
- The Ministry has made its best to deliver all information to the public and with the latest updates, but without affecting the raid procedure or the course of investigation.
- Live broadcasting is not very favorable during such security operations, as these terrorist group excel technologically and might benefit from such videos.
- Rumors' inflators are "insider" enemies.
- Jordan shoulders its part in combating terrorism in the area.
Minister of Interior, Samir Mubaideen:
- The terrorists who have been caught do not belong to any terrorist organization but share the same ideology.
- In less than 12 hours, the place of these terrorists was identified.
- The group of terrorists refused to surrender and initiated attacking the security forces with heavy gun-fires.
- These terrorists were taregting our beloved country and have been planning to initiate more attacks on vital security bases and civilian areas in the Kingdom.
- Intellegence investigations have revealed the location of explosive devices which these terroists have barried them under ground in an area in Salt. The Jordanian security forces demolished them accordingly.
- Updates and related news should be sole-referenced through Goverment officials.
- The Fuheis Patrol attack was done through a remotely controled explosive-device.
Director of the General Directorate of Gendarmes, Hussein Hawatmeh:
- Time was critical, and actions had to be taken fast as these terrorists were planning on more attacks on other areas in the Kingdom.
- These terrorists have newely formed their group, thus were eager to take on fast and unplanned actions.
- This has been one of the fatest anti-terrorism raids ever done worldwide.
- The raid took into consideration the safety and security of the civilians, and to avoid any casualties as much as possible.
- The operation was executed through many stages.
Public Security Department Director, Maj. Gen. Fadel Hmoud:
- The Public Security Department has made sure to secure the area of -and around- the raid. Making sure that citizens are safe and away from the danger where heavy fires took place.
- Citizens were urged not to gather around or near the scene.
- A media-security cooperation was conducted to avoid rumors.