Hezbollah drones restrict 80 percent of ‘Israeli’ operations in Lebanon: Hebrew media
Note: AI technology was used to generate this article’s audio.
- Official ‘Israeli’ broadcaster says Hezbollah drones are limiting around 80 percent of military operations in southern Lebanon.
- Report highlights equipment shortages and a tactical shift by Hezbollah toward decentralized warfare.
The official ‘Israeli’ Broadcasting Authority has acknowledged that drones launched by Hezbollah are significantly restricting the operational freedom of the ‘Israeli’ military in southern Lebanon.
According to the report, the threat posed by Hezbollah drones is limiting nearly 80 percent of the army’s activities in the area, underscoring growing challenges facing ‘Israeli’ forces along the Lebanese border.
The broadcaster said ‘Israeli’ military assessments indicate that, in addition to casualties among troops, explosive drones have become one of the most serious operational threats confronting forces in southern Lebanon.
It added that many military missions are no longer being carried out during daylight hours due to fears of drone attacks.
The report noted that the growing use of drones has emerged as a major concern for the military leadership, with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu previously describing the threat as a central challenge.
According to the broadcaster, the military is facing shortages in the equipment needed to counter the expanding drone threat.
It said anti-drone systems are being distributed to only a limited number of soldiers in each company due to insufficient supplies, raising concerns over the army’s ability to respond effectively.
Citing sources in 'Israeli' Military Intelligence Directorate, the report said Hezbollah has moved away from a highly organized command structure toward decentralized guerrilla-style operations.
The sources said Hezbollah fighters are now operating in smaller cells, carrying out rapid attacks and moving between villages across southern Lebanon to exploit operational gaps.
The report added that some of this shift is linked to the targeting of senior commanders from Hezbollah’s Radwan Force.
Hezbollah announced on Monday that it had launched 11 drone and rocket attacks targeting ‘Israeli’ troops and military vehicles in southern Lebanon and northern ‘Israel’.
The group said the attacks were in response to what it described as ongoing deadly violations by ‘Israel’ of the ceasefire agreement.



