Published: 2023-09-10 13:20
Last Updated: 2023-09-27 21:34
Jordanian state institutions continue their preparations for implementing a national exercise aimed at assessing the readiness of public and private institutions to deal with earthquakes and their aftermath.
The government has been closely monitoring the preparations and arrangements of the National Center for Security and Crisis Management for the field national exercise under the slogan "Darb Al Aman 3" or "Safe Path 3," which will be carried out in the second half of September. This comes within the coordinated national plan to deal with earthquakes and mitigate their risks, in line with the comprehensive national strategy for dealing with earthquakes and natural disasters.
"Safe Path 3" includes:
- Evacuation and rescue operations in several locations.
- Activation of warning sirens.
- Increased security presence in various governorates of Jordan.
- Testing national capabilities in response, rescue, and dealing with awareness messages in the event of earthquakes.
The exercise aims to:
- Minimize the impact of these disasters through updating standards and regulations for new buildings and reinforcing existing ones.
- Improve the response to earthquakes.
- Ensure the continuity of daily life during and after earthquakes.
- Raise public awareness about the importance of personal and family preparedness.
- Enhance infrastructure and modern technologies for early earthquake detection and seismic activity monitoring.
Notably, this exercise is part of ongoing efforts to enhance preparedness and response to national disasters, reflecting Jordan's commitment to protecting the lives and properties of its citizens.