Published: 2022-09-17 15:37
Last Updated: 2023-10-02 18:18
Saturday, Amman Mayor, Yousef Al-Shawarbeh, said that the Municipality is concerned with removing all the rubble from the site of the collapse of the Al-Weibdeh building, in the capital, Amman.
The mayor told Roya that personnel will continue to work, under the supervision of the Civil Defense, until all rubble is completely removed, however, he added that he does not know how long that will take as it depends on the working conditions at the site and its safety for the workers.
Earlier, the Director of Civil Defense, Brigadier General Hatem Jaber, said on Saturday that after 85 hours of continuous search, the painful incident of Al-Weibdeh building collapse ended.
Jaber added, during a press briefing from the site of the collapse, that the authorities’ response was quick.
“Work was divided into three stages and 200 people participated in the search operation,” Jaber said.
He noted that His Majesty King Abdullah II had been following up on the incident since the very beginning.
Jaber stressed that rescue teams will remain at the site until all rubble is removed to make sure no one is still trapped.
He added that although there is no report or information about anyone still being trapped under the rubble, personnel will work under the assumption that there might still be someone trapped until all the rubble is removed.