Published: 2021-07-22 21:26
Last Updated: 2021-10-23 22:07
The Secretary-General of the Ministry of Health (MoH) for Epidemiology and Communicable Diseases Affairs, Adel Al-Belbisi, discussed the latest developments in facing the coronavirus pandemic in the Kingdom.
In statements to Roya Thursday, he said that health cadres have resumed the vaccination process against COVID-19, noting today was an open day for all citizens and residents.
He pointed out that nearly 15,000 citizens and residents have been vaccinated.
Belbisi stressed that the vaccination centers will continue to receive all citizens and residents in the Kingdom without a prior appointment, as part of the ministry’s plan to expand the vaccination roll out to those aged 18 years and above.
He pointed out that the age group of recipients of the vaccine will be reduced to 15 years and over, and the mechanism for citizens to choose the type of vaccine will be open.
Belbisi pointed out that citizens were unable to prevent all gatherings during the days of Eid, considering that the scenes of non-compliance were in full view of everyone.
He expected a rise in injuries in the wake of the Eid al-Adha gatherings, noting that 80 percent of the test samples that were examined in Amman came from the Delta strain.
Notably, the MoH announced a list of the centers where the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine will be available for Friday.
The ministry said that people aged 18 years and over can go to the centers and receive the vaccine without prior appointment:
- Hobras Comprehensive Health Center (Irbid)
- Northern Shouneh Comprehensive Health Center (Irbid)
- Ittihad Al-Ramtha Club (Irbid)
- Deir Abi Saeed Youth Center (Irbid)
- Fuheis Health Center (Balqa)
- Ain Basha Comprehensive Health Center (Balqa)
- Salt General Hospital (Balqa)
- Prince Faisal Governmental Hospital (Zarqa)
- Prince Mohammed Youth City (Zarqa)
- New Zarqa Governmental Hospital (Zarqa)
- Tafilah Health Affairs Directorate (Tafilah)
- Prince Faisal Hall Gate 1 (King Abdullah II Sport City) - (Amman)
- Al Hussein Park Gate 2 (Drive Thru) - (Amman)
- King Abdullah II Park Muqabalein Gate 2 (Drive Thru) - (Amman)
- Diwan Al-Hamlan opposite Jordan River Foundation (Amman)
- Prince Hassan Refugee Camp Al-Nasr (Amman)
- Prince Hamzah Hospital (Amman)
- Al-Bashir Hospitals (Amman)
- Aqaba Health Affairs Directorate (Aqaba)
- South Mazar Health Center (Karak)
- Chest Diseases Center/Mafraq Health Affairs Directorate (Mafraq)
- Jerash Comprehensive Health Center (Jerash)
- Ajloun Comprehensive Health Center (Ajloun)
- Madaba Comprehensive Health Center (Madaba)
- Ma'an Comprehensive Health Center (Ma'an)