Only nine aid trucks entered Gaza last 10 days, Media Office says

Palestine

Published: 2024-02-20 19:02

Last Updated: 2024-04-21 09:50


Only nine aid trucks entered Gaza last 10 days, Media Office says
Only nine aid trucks entered Gaza last 10 days, Media Office says

Ismail al-Thawabteh, the Government Media Office Director in Gaza, stated that at least 700,000 people are facing famine that could lead to their death in the Strip - due to the Israeli Occupation Forces (IOF) deliberately starves north Gaza’s residents and prevents the entry of any aid.

Al-Thawabteh appealed to Egyptian authorities to immediately open the Rafah Border Crossing, saying, "We appeal to our brothers in Egypt to open the Rafah crossing immediately to allow aid in."

He warned that the Palestinian people in Gaza are experiencing famine, noting that in the past 10 days, only 9 aid trucks have entered the Gaza Strip.

He affirmed that the Palestinian people are steadfast on their land and will not emigrate from it no matter what happens. He also called for the continuous flow of aid to the northern governorate and Gaza City, urging the World Food Program (WFP) to reconsider its decision to suspend its aid.


Also Read: World Food Programme suspends aid delivery to north Gaza


The United Nations’ agency, the World Food Programme (WFP), announced earlier Tuesday the suspension of the delivery of aid to northern Gaza after a convoy of its trucks faced gunfire - as reported by AFP.

The WFP previously resumed its deliveries on Sunday after a three-week pause but its convoy "faced complete…violence" and "unprecedented levels of desperation,” it said in a statement.