Published: 2023-05-29 16:23
Last Updated: 2023-09-24 14:41
The Public Security Directorate (PSD) Monday announced the traffic detours that will be implemented Thursday for the Royal Wedding.
The PSD said it has a comprehensive traffic plan to organize diversions, detours and alternative roads to be taken on the day.
Traffic officers will be deployed across the Kingdom to facilitate citizens and residents' movement as they head to celebratory events. This includes directing parking and the use of free shuttle buses.
Officers will also secure lanes for those who need to reach hospitals and health centers.
The implementation of the traffic plan will begin at 3 pm. It will go on until 7 pm, on the route of the parade which extends between the third circle passing through the eighth circle and Al-Shaab Roundabout to reach Al-Husseiniya Palace as the final destination.
The areas that will expect traffic jams and temporary closures are: Sweileh, the Dawriyyat traffic lights, Queen Rania Street, Sports City Roundabout, Al-Dakhiliya Roundabout, Jabal Amman, Umm Uthaina, Wadi Saqra, Mecca Street, Medina Street, Abdoun, Deir Ghbar, Sweifieh, Fuhais and Al-Bayader (Wadi Al-Seer).
The traffic plan also named locations to line up vehicles who wish to follow the royal parade and participate in the national celebrations, as well as free buses to transport those wishing to reach the parade route.
The PSD issued a detailed explanation of diversions and detours:
1. Third Circle: closing traffic towards the Fourth Circle, and diverting it towards Abdel Moneim Riyad Street (Downtown) and Al-Kroum Street towards Abdali.
2. Fourth Circle: diverting traffic coming from Prince Hashem Street (Abdoun) into the tunnel towards Queen Noor Street (Al-Dakhiliya Roundabout), and the traffic coming from Queen Noor Street (Al-Dakhiliya Roundabout) will be diverted through the tunnel (Abdoun Bridge).
3. Fifth Circle: traffic coming from Abdoun (Al-Kindi Street) will be diverted through the tunnel towards Wadi Saqra, and the traffic coming from Wadi Saqra will also be diverted through the tunnel towards Abdoun.
4. Sixth Circle: diverting traffic coming from Al-Sweifieh (Princess Alia Bint Al-Hussein Street) through the tunnel towards Um Uthaina (King Faisal Street), and vice versa for the traffic coming from King Faisal Street.
5. Seventh Circle: blocking traffic coming from Al-Madinah Al-Munawwarah Street - Al-Haramain Roundabout (Kilo Roundabout) and diverting it towards Al-Tabashir Street - Abdullah Ghosheh Street, or making a detour towards Al-Haramain Roundabout, and diverting the traffic coming from the Airport Road, and the one coming from Abdullah Ghosheh Street through the Seventh Circle Tunnel.
6. Eighth Circle: diverting traffic coming from the Al-Bayader area towards Airport Road - Al-Nahda Intersection and diverting traffic coming from Al-Nahda Circle towards the Eighth Circle to Al-Sinaa Street, or Queen Zein Street (Deir Ghbar).
7. Al-Shaab Roundabout: diverting traffic coming from Al-Shaab Street (Al-Salam Markets) towards Radi Annab Street (Al-Jandawil - Al-Bayader), and diverting the traffic coming from Mecca Street towards Al-Ayan Street (City Mall).
8. Medical City Roundabout: diverting traffic coming from the Khalda Tunnel to the Khalda Roundabout and then towards Wasfi Al-Tal Street, or turning right towards Al-Hijaz Street. Also, diverting traffic coming from Fuheis - Baccalaureate School traffic lights towards Khalda roundabout, towards Wasfi Al-Tal Street, or towards Sweileh. As well as, diverting traffic coming from the direction of Al-Nisr traffic lights - Al-Al-Bayt traffic lights, to Al-Hijaz Street.
9. Traffic coming from secondary roads into the route of the royal parade will be redirected and diverted to other main roads.