Published: 2022-11-22 18:16
Last Updated: 2023-09-29 06:45
A school in Russeifa was evacuated after a chemical leak occurred inside the school chemistry laboratory.
No injuries were reported.
Investigations were launched to determine the circumstances of the accident.
This happened due to a chemical reaction from an experiment of combining sodium with paraffin which resulted in the escalation of fumes and an abnormal smell.
Students, teachers, and administrative staff were evacuated. This came to ensure their safety.
Additionally, a committee was formed to inspect the school laboratories and verify the storage methods for the dangerous materials and their validity.