Published: 2022-09-22 14:35
Last Updated: 2023-06-05 15:24
A number of female students were suspected of having 'food poisoning' Thursday after their teacher brought them a dish, called Mujaddara, which they ate.
The teacher brought the Mujaddara to the school she works at, Queen Rania Public School located in Wadi Abdoun in Amman.
After around half an hour of eating the dish, 40 female students were reported to have been food poisoned, according to Roya’s correspondent.
The correspondent said, quoting a security source, that the civil defense teams worked to transfer 11 female students to hospitals.
Shortly after, an official from the Education Ministry, Sami Al-Wahsh, told Roya that the students had a cooking activity, and one of the girls had a cold, and after eating Mujaddara, she started vomiting and immediately called the Civil Defense Directorate. This, according to Wahsh, prompted many female students out of fear, to contact the civil defense as well.
He pointed out that an investigation committee was formed following the incident.