Hospital Director reveals cause of death of 12-year-old girl 'who ate instant noodles'

Jordan

Published: 2022-01-15 17:43

Last Updated: 2022-05-18 10:23


Hospital Director reveals cause of death of 12-year-old girl 'who ate instant noodles'
Hospital Director reveals cause of death of 12-year-old girl 'who ate instant noodles'

The director of Prince Hamza Hospital, Dr. Kifah Abu Tarboush, said that a 12-year-old girl was admitted to the ER two days ago, after she had symptoms of poisoning as she was vomiting, suffering from abdominal pain and had signs of dehydration.

The director told Roya, today, Saturday, that the symptoms led to acute kidney failure, according to the initial reports, as she was placed in intensive care and given the necessary treatments.

However, she passed away 12 hours after the girl was admitted to the hospital, according to the director.

Abu Tarboush quoted the girl's family's story, that the girl's medical issues began after she ate instant noodles.

The director of the hospital said that the body was sent to forensic medicine, and the report noted that the cause of death was a result of complications from severe dehydration.

He added that the four siblings of the girl were admitted to the hospital to be monitored, and their health condition is well.