Published: 2021-11-24 13:22
Last Updated: 2023-02-09 06:28
Two civilians were among four people killed by Israeli Occupation strikes on Wednesday that targeted a part of Homs in Syria, a monitor said.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a Britain-based group that relies on sources on the ground, said the Israeli Occupation missiles struck an area near three villages in the west of Homs province.
The raid killed four people, including two civilians, said the war monitor, although it was unable to determine whether the other two deaths were civilians or soldiers.
The official Syrian news agency SANA, citing a military official, said two civilians had been killed and seven people wounded in the strikes that were conducted at dawn.
"The (Israeli Occupation) aggression resulted in the death of two civilians and injured six soldiers and one civilian," the military official was quoted as saying.
The strikes targeted positions in the central part of the country, it said, without giving further details on the location.
Syria's air defenses "repelled the aggression and shot down most" of the missiles, SANA said, quoting the same source.
The Israeli Occupation military, which rarely acknowledges individual strikes on Syria, declined to comment on "reports in the foreign media".
The Israel Occupation has said repeatedly it will not allow neighbouring Syria to become a launchpad for its arch foe Iran.