Fire breaks out in COVID-19 ward of Gazan hospital

Palestine

Published: 2021-07-15 09:48

Last Updated: 2021-09-10 16:56


Fire breaks out in COVID-19 ward of Gazan hospital
Fire breaks out in COVID-19 ward of Gazan hospital

The Ministry of Health in the Gaza Strip said that a fire caused by an electrical short in an air conditioner broke out late last night in one of the rooms of the new oncology building designated for Covid-19 patients at the European Gaza Hospital in the southern Gaza Strip.

The ministry said in a press statement Thursday the fire was brought under control and the patients were safely evacuated to another building.

The General Directorate of Civil Defense confirmed that an accidental fire was brought under control in one of the rooms of the European Gaza Hospital in Khan Yunis, in the southern Gaza Strip. The patients were evacuated and secured in other departments.

Competent teams continue to investigate and follow up on the accident.