Published: 2021-04-18 14:39
Last Updated: 2023-06-06 08:34
Sunday, the media spokesperson for the Public Security Directorate (PSD) said the Civil Defense Directorate (CDD) stressed the importance of adhering to the following advice and guidelines to stay safe as temperatures are rising during Ramadan.
• Avoid spending time under direct sunlight
• Avoid driving if tired or sick, and be cautious while driving long distances or for periods of time.
• Do not leave sanitizers inside vehicles because they are flammable.
• Do not leave children unattended inside vehicles or let them play under direct sunlight for long periods of time.
• Those who work outdoors are advised to wear hats or cover their heads, and rest when they feel the need to.
• Avoid overloading electrical appliances especially air conditioners and fans.
• Stay away from areas with thick grass where there could be scorpions or snakes.
• Do not hesitate to call 911 in emergency cases.