Published: 2021-02-25 20:30
Last Updated: 2021-04-15 09:39
The National Center for Security and Crisis Management announced the exceptions for the total lockdown which will take place every Friday until further notice.
1. The National Center for Security and Crisis Management is the only authority authorized to issue roaming permits during times of a total lockdown for government and private sectors within a comprehensive mechanism approved by the center, while the authority to issue special permits in emergency and humanitarian situations is given to administrative rulers.
2. An employee badge must be provided by the party who has been issued a permit in addition to a personal ID to verify his or her identity, bearing in mind that the party (usually the employer) issuing this card will bear all legal consequences if issued to individuals who do not have an existing contract with them.
3. The application of electronic permits will be canceled for the duration of the total lockdown.
4. The health sector.
a. All medical personnel working in the public and private sectors are exempt from the total lockdown decision, with a minimum limit to maintain work.
B. Administrative personnel working in the health sector must be provided with an official letter or identification card proving their employment by the hospital they work for.
C. Private laboratories accredited by the Ministry of Health are allowed to carry out PCR tests during the period of the total lockdown, provided that they travel in a vehicle bearing the laboratory logo, and that they carry a laboratory badge, laboratory-certified list, and a letter of accreditation from the Ministry of Health.
D. Pharmacy owners are exempt from total lockdown and can carry out home deliveries of emergency medicine if necessary, provided that the pharmacy's
Jordan Pharmacists Association badge is shown. They are allowed to open their pharmacies between 10 AM until 8 PM, and direct sales are prohibited.
5. Energy and mineral resources sector: Domestic liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) cylinder distribution vehicles are permitted to deliver gas cylinders from 6AM until 6PM.
6. The water and irrigation sector: Tankers transporting wastewater and tanks carrying drinking water are permitted to operate from 10 AM to 4 PM.
7. The industry sector: All persons who work in industry sector facilities are excluded from the total lockdown. They are allowed to work inside these facilities provided that they do not leave for any reason whatsoever and until the end of the lockdown period.
8. Land freight sector.
a. Road transport movement (trucks and the cargo clearance sector) is excluded from and to all airports, crossings and land centers, provided that the driver presents the bill of lading, in addition to identification cards.
B. Trucks designated to transport foodstuffs from one governorate to another are exempt from total lockdown decisions.
C. Mechanics, maintenance workshops, and spare part stores who are located on main external roads linking the Kingdom’s governorates with each other are permitted to operate during the period of total lockdowns to cater to freight traffic as well as for vehicles authorized to move, provided that they have a valid license sealed by a municipality stamp.
9. Air/land travelers.
a. Those arriving through land crossings to Jordan are excluded from total lockdowns, provided that an arrival stamp is shown on the passport with a valid date of arrival. Notably, a permit is granted for those leaving these crossings to neighboring countries through the administrative governor.
B. A plane ticket is an approved document to use as a permit during the total lockdown period for both the passenger and the driver only within specific times and according to the time of the plane and the place of residence of the passenger and the driver.
10. Agriculture sector.
a. Owners of ornamental bird and fish shops, pet stores and owners of fish farms are permitted to move from 2 PM until 4 PM from their places of residence to their shops and farms, provided that the trade license issued by municipality, or the shop’s license issued by the Ministry of Agriculture is shown. A person other than the owner of the facility serving these birds, fish, or pets must have the original paper license issued by the Ministry of Agriculture and not a copy of it.
B. Cars designated for transporting live chickens are allowed to move from 7 PM on Friday until the end of the total lockdown period to transport chickens from farms to pickers and slaughterhouses.
C. Farmers and vehicles transporting vegetables and fruits are allowed to move from farms to the central markets from 6 PM on Friday until the end of the total lockdown period.
Dr.. The central vegetable and fruit markets in all governorates and their employees which are authorized by the municipalities are allowed to operate from 6 PM on Friday until the end of the total lockdown period.
11. Humanitarian cases.
a. In the case of a death, six persons from the deceased's relatives are allowed to move to complete death and burial procedures during the days of total lockdown, provided that a death certificate is issued from a hospital.
B. The discharge paper from the hospital is approved as a pass during the total lockdown period for both the patient and the driver only within specific times and according to the time of discharge and the place of residence.