Published: 2021-01-26 19:21
Last Updated: 2021-03-03 22:37
Tuesday, the number of COVID-19 cases worldwide reached 100,486,817, including 72,486,132 recoveries, according to Worldometers.
Since the beginning of the pandemic in late last year, North America has topped the list of continents worst affected by coronavirus, as it recorded 29,580,500 cases, 624,320 deaths and 18,527,591 recoveries, followed by Europe with 29,316,906 total cases, 674,199 deaths and 16,305,621 recoveries.
The five countries most affected by the pandemic according to the latest data are:
- USA with a total of 25,874,814 cases, 432,031 deaths and 15,621,586 revoveries.
- India with a total of 10,689,202 cases, 153,722 deaths and 10,356,476 recoveries.
- Brazil with a total of 8,881,853 cases, 217,806 deaths and 7,709,602 recoveries.
- Russia with a total of 3,756,931 cases 70,482 deaths and 3,174,561 recoveries.
- UK with a total of 3,689,746 cases, 100,162 deaths and 1,648,218 recoveries.