Published: 2021-01-21 10:08
Last Updated: 2021-03-05 19:30
Thursday, The Saudi Human Rights Commission said all children born inside the Kingdom to unknown parents have the right to obtain Saudi nationality, according to the rights of the child in national systems.
The authority stated through its official account on Twitter Wednesday: "It is the right of a child born in the Kingdom to unknown parents to obtain Saudi nationality," and published an infographic entitled "Children's rights in national systems" in which it stated:
* He or she shall who was born inside the Kingdom to unknown parents shall be a Saudi (the Saudi Arabian Nationality System).
* The state provides integrated health care for the child (health system).
* A child under seven years of age at the time of committing any punishable act (juvenile system) is not criminally liable.
* If any crime is committed against a child, the penalty of the crime is increased, even if the perpetrator is not aware that the victim is a child (Anti-trafficking law).
* Any male or female whose father has passed away and is under the age of 18 benefits from pensions if they do not have a capable guardian or sufficient source of livelihood (work system).
* It is not permissible to employ any person under the age of 15 (social security system).
* Whoever commits an offense with the intention to harm shall be punished with imprisonment for a period not exceeding one year, and a fine not exceeding SAR 50,000, or one of the two punishments (protection from harm system).
* It is considered harmful and neglecting to remove a child from education (the child protection system).