Published: 2020-08-29 17:46
Last Updated: 2021-03-05 21:30
A total of 24 new COVID-19 cases have been recorded in Jordan on Saturday, 19 of which are local cases, bringing the total number of cases since the beginning of the coronavirus crisis to 1,893.
The cases involve:
• 16 cases in Amman — 14 of which came into contact with other positive cases and two cases are being investigated to find the source.
• Two cases in Zarqa — they came into contact with other positive cases.
• One case in Balqa — they came into contact with another positive case.
• Three people from abroad who are currently staying in hotel quarantine — one who has travelled from Qatar, one from Saudi Arabia and one from Egypt
• A Jordanian truck driver who entered from Saudi Arabia via Al-Omari border crossing.
• A case involves a citizen of an Arab nationality who came for medical tourism purposes.
Seventy-nine recovery cases have been confirmed in Jordan on Saturday.
A total of 9,615 PCR tests have been conducted on Saturday, bringing the total number of tests since the beginning of the coronavirus crisis to 810,061.