Family of boy who died from food poisoning learned of his death through Facebook

Jordan

Published: 2020-07-29 13:29

Last Updated: 2020-07-30 12:16


Family of boy who died from food poisoning learned of his death through Facebook
Family of boy who died from food poisoning learned of his death through Facebook

The family of the child, Yamen, who died from food poisoning found out about his death through the social media, said the boy’s uncle.

Yamen’s uncle told Roya the child arrived at Prince Al-Hussein bin Abdullah II Hospital with his mother and two siblings seeking medical help around noon on Tuesday.

The family was told they were fine and were asked to leave.

Yaman was brought back to the hospital on Wednesday morning after his condition worsened.

He was admitted to the ICU where he later died.

The hospital released a statement announcing the three-year-old's death before informing his relatives.

Yamen’s father told Roya: "I lost my dearest child due to an unfortunate accident.

“Medical staff did not provide the necessary health care during his hospitalization on Tuesday evening,” he added.