As of Wednesday evening, March 13, 2019, the Kingdom will get affected by a second-degree weather depression, according to the weather depressions intensity indicator, which will be accompanied by a cold air mass, according to Arabia Weather.
Temperatures are expected to decrease significantly when compared to the previous warm couple of days, bringing showers of rain and hail over high mountains.
The cold front is expected to last until Thursday morning, increasing the chance of rainfall in various areas of the Kingdom on early Thursday.
Fog is expected over high mountains, causing low visibility in these areas.
Arabia Weather warns of:
- Wide temperature differential between Wednesday and Thursday
- Risk of low visibility due to dust especially in desert areas
- Risk of slippery roads
The weather depressions intensity indicator depends on several factors:
- Total rainfall in all areas affected by the weather depression in the Kingdom and the number of areas to be affected
- Wind speed
- Temperatures, duration and period of the weather depression
Weather depressions have been classified according to this indicator into five degrees:
- First-degree: weather depression usually accompanied by showers of rain.
- Second-degree: accompanied by some rainfall and affects some areas
- Third-degree: accompanied by medium to heavy rainfall, strong winds and some snow showers in some areas.
- Fourth-degree: is a weather depression which highly affects most areas of the Kingdom, accompanied by heavy rainfall, strong winds, a significant drop in temperatures, and snowfall at times.
- Fifth-degree: usually called a "winter storm" and is accompanied by torrential rainfall, strong winds, a remarkable decrease in temperatures and heavy snowfall in various parts of the Kingdom.