Published: 2019-01-13 16:07
Last Updated: 2019-01-13 17:19
The General Command of the Jordanian Armed Forces (JAF) - the Arab Army - announced on Sunday, January 13, that the army is looking to recruit male university graduates in the fields of medicine, dentistry and pharmacy, and a number of engineering specialties.
JAF posted the admission requirements on its official website, which stated that the applicant:
1. Must be Jordanian
2. Must not be older than 29-years-old
3. Must not be less than 165 cm in height. Body weight must be proportional to the height as determined by the competent medical committee
4. Must not be currently working for JAF or any other security services as a current or former military or civilian personnel
5. Must be well-behaved and not sentenced to any felony or misdemeanor such as theft, embezzlement, forgery, bribery, bad credit or any crime that violates public morality
6. Must not have a Tawjihi GPA that is lower than 75% in the scientific routes for those who have graduated in medicine. In terms of Engineering, the GPA must not be lower than 75% in the scientific, industrial or Information Technology (IT) routes for those who studied scientific mathematics and physics
7. Must not hold a Bachelor’s degree through the Bridge Program
8. Must hold a practitioner certificate and permanent membership from the union relevant to them when submitting the application
Applicants must note that all applications previously submitted to the Officers Affairs Directorate/Department of Conscription are considered null and void
Meanwhile, applicants are required to submit the following documents:
1. An original copy of the applicant's university certificate or a certified copy
2. An original copy of the applicant's university marks or a certified copy
3. The equivalent of the original non-Jordanian university certificates from the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research or a certified copy of them
4. An original copy of the applicant's Tawjihi marks or a certified copy of it
5. An original copy of the applicant's non-Jordanian Tawjihi marks and its equivalent from the Ministry of Education or a certified copy
6. An original or a certified copy of the practitioner certificate and the permanent membership of the union for medicine, dentistry and pharmacy specializations
7. An original or a certified copy of the membership of the union for the engineering specialties
8. A certified copy of the applicant's ID
9. A certified copy of the applicant's valid family book, including the father and applicant's page. In case the father is dead, the applicant must send the original death certificate showing the place of birth and death
10. An original or a certified copy of the applicant's birth certificate
11. A copy of the retirement documents if one of the applicant's parents is retired from JAF or a security service, or a written testimony proving that he/she is on board and a copy of their recruitment certificate
12. One recent passport photo (4 * 6)
Applicants can buy the conscription application's e-card from any authorized Jordanian post office, and must fill them in and send them off electronically via https://tajneed.jaf.mil.jo.
All documents requested will be scanned and converted into one PDF file and attached to the application electronically.
Applications will be received through the website from early Sunday, January 20, 2019, until the deadline on Saturday evening, February 2, 2019.
Any application that fails to meet the required conditions or that is missing any documents will not be accepted.