In a meeting headed by the designated Minister of Education, Higher Education and Research, Bassam Talhouni, the Higher Education Council passed a few decisions and referred them to the Prime Minister, Omar Razzaz, on Thursday, November 15, 2018.
- The Higher Education Council approved go ahead with the 2018 Armed Forced University for Medical Science project.
- Jordanian universities will accredit information in identity cards issued by the Ministry of Interior to Syrian student, as personal identification instead of passports, for admission, registration and graduation purposes, provided that the data matches the secondary education certificate, or its equivalent.
- Allow students enrolled in undergraduate programs to enrol in the Intermediate University Diploma in national colleges.
- Approval to develop the PhD programs at the University of Jordan into specialized sub-tracks.
- Approval to resume admission to the BA program in Political Science at the Applied Science Private University.