Published: 2018-01-29 18:14
Last Updated: 2018-01-29 20:43
It’s not often that you meet a non-smoker in Jordan.
The nation is so addicted to the killer habit that they smoke as much now as they did before the government increased the price of locally-produced cigarettes earlier this month.
Smokers might not realise it, but non-smokers get highly irritated by these 6 behaviours:
1. It’s winter, you get into a taxi, the windows are closed, and your taxi driver decides it’s OK to light a cigarette after opening 1cm of his window. You have two choices: either bear the suffocating smell until you get to your destination, or open your window and get slapped by the freezing cold wind until you leave the taxi.
Via Petra News Agency
2. They moan moan moan about tax increases, but when it comes to paying extra for cigarettes, it’s “here’s my wallet.”
Via Al Rai
3. You’re sitting peacefully at your desk at work, until somebody decides to pop out for a cigarette and make the entire office smell like one massive ashtray.
4. You spot a “no smoking” sign somewhere, and sure enough, right next to it you find a smoker about to light their cigarette.
Via Publik News
5. If you’ve ever had to do some official paperwork, then you too must have been gobsmacked to see an employee behind the counter with a cigarette in their mouth.
6. During winter, too often will you find someone with what sounds like a deadly cough, only to see a cigarette make its way to their mouth shortly after.
Via Medical News Today