Published: 2017-08-04 14:35
Last Updated: 2017-08-04 14:35
Thousands of worshipers held Friday prayers at Al Aqsa Mosque today with no reports of conflict with Israeli forces and police.
Worshipers of all ages were allowed to enter the Mosque to perform the Friday prayers, after Israeli authorities had previously denied entry to men under the age of 50, said the head of the Jerusalem Awqaf department Azzam Khateeb.
Khateeb said the prayers ended peacefully without any problems or friction with Israeli forces, and that things were back to how they used to be prior to the Al Aqsa crisis three weeks ago.
Al Aqsa Mosque was subject to closures and strict security measures by Israel after two Israeli police officers were killed by three Palestinian assailants three weeks ago. The three Palestinian youths were dispatched by Israeli police in an ensuing gunfight.