Gaza's death toll surpasses 70,000 despite ceasefire
Note: AI technology was used to generate this article’s audio.
The health ministry in Gaza on Saturday said more than 70,000 people have been killed since the 'Israeli' genocide in Gaza erupted more than two years ago.
The milestone comes as a fragile US-brokered ceasefire largely holds, with 'Israel' continuing to breach the deal.
In a statement, Gaza's health ministry said the death toll from the genocide had risen to 70,100.
The ministry said that since the ceasefire came into effect on October 10, 354 Palestinians had been killed by 'Israeli' fire.
Two bodies arrived at hospitals in the Gaza Strip in the past 48 hours, the ministry said, one of which had been recovered from beneath the rubble.
It noted that the spike from the last death toll was due to the fact that the data relating to 299 bodies had been processed and approved by the authorities.
Despite the ceasefire, the Palestinian territory remains in a deep humanitarian crisis.
At the start of the latest ceasefire, Hamas fighters were holding 20 living captives and 28 bodies of deceased captives.
Hamas has since released all the living captives and returned the remains of 26 dead captives.
In exchange, 'Israel' has released nearly 2,000 Palestinian detainees in its custody and returned the bodies of hundreds of dead Palestinians.



