Published: 2018-03-22 19:48
Last Updated: 2018-03-22 20:03
The Ministry of Interior at the Hamas government announced on Thursday that the main suspected in Al-Hamdallah assignation attempt was killed during a violent manhunt in the Gaza Strip.
The ministry announced in a press release that it had “formed a high-level investigation committee to investigate the crime" immediately after the explosion.
“The security forces were able to identify on Wednesday the prime suspect in the explosion,” the statement added.
However, the unity government said that Hamas's announcement proves yet again that they are "making up scenarios and spreading illogical fake news."
Spokesperson for the unity government, Yousef Al-Mahmoud, said that Hamas is spreading rumors about the explosion, and that Hamas is responsible for the criminal attack.
An explosion took place earlier this month when Palestinian politician Rami Hamdallah and Head of Intelligence Majed Faraj were on their way to Gaza. However both leaders were left unharmed in the attack on their convoy, but at least five of their security guards were injured.