Father and son injured in a perfume bottle explosion


Published: 2018-03-10 16:24

Last Updated: 2018-03-11 15:31

The perfume had high alcohol content
The perfume had high alcohol content
Roya News Source

A 34-year-old Syrian father and his five-year-old son were severely burnt when a bottle of perfume caught fire and exploded in their apartment in Sharjah, reported the Khaleej Times.

The blast happened when the boy was playing with a cigarette lighter in proximity to his father who was trying to open the gift from relatives. Both sustained burns in the face and abdomen totaling over 60 percent of their bodies.

They were admitted to the ICU and placed on artificial respiratory systems at Al Kuwaiti Hospital but later transferred to Al Mafraq Hospital in Abu Dhabi per the request of the family.

Police told the the Khaleej Times that the high alcohol content compressed in the bottle was the reason behind the explosion.