Published: 2018-01-08 20:21
Last Updated: 2018-01-09 09:09
Editor: Arwad Khalifeh
When visiting a new country, we are told to immerse ourselves in its culture, because “when in Rome, do as the Romans do,” right?
But when some Jordanians go abroad, many of them behave so differently to the way they do at home, because either they “have” to, they acquire a temporary split personality, or because they want to “fit in.”
Whatever the reason may be, buckle up, as we are about to take you on a journey listing how some Jordanians behave before taking off and after landing.
1. In Jordan: Refuses to walk anywhere - yes even for a mere 10 meters and uses valet service at any given opportunity.
Abroad: Let’s walk around for 7 hours straight and explore the city.
2. In Jordan: Nature here sucks. In fact, there is no nature.
Abroad: Can’t stop admiring and taking pictures of the same exact nature.
3. In Jordan: What? 20 JD for this? That’s too expensive.
Abroad: What? 20 JD only? Here is a 5 JD extra for the same item.
4. In Jordan: Let’s show off by trying all this “fine dining” food that tastes like cheesy feet.
Abroad: Where is the nearest shawerma place here?
5. In Jordan: Drives like a lunatic: Road rules are for suckers.
Abroad: This is the law and we must respect it. *Puts seatbelt on* *Puts phone away*