Saudi forces intercept ballistic missile launched from Yemen


Published: 2018-01-05 12:11

Last Updated: 2018-01-05 13:14

(Photo: UNICEF Yemen/2016)
(Photo: UNICEF Yemen/2016)
Roya News Source

The Saudi Air Defense Forces intercepted a ballistic missile on Friday morning launched from Houthis toward the southwestern Saudi Arabian city, Najran, Saudi media said.

While no more details were provided. Saudi authorities announced earlier last month that they intercepted a ballistic missile fired towards the Saudi capital Riyadh’s royal palace.

Saudi authorities announced immediately that they intercepted the missile and destroyed the projectile, while Houthis said it was fired targeting Al Yamamah Royal Palace, the permanent residence of the Saudi King, Salman Bin Abdulaziz.

Yemen's civil war has been raging since March 2015 between Houthi rebels and Yemen's internationally-recognised government, before Saudi Arabia launched the coalition carrying out attacks on the Yemen Houthi movement, which is backed by Iran.