Published: 2017-11-13 12:03
Last Updated: 2017-11-13 12:21
Twenty-eights workers in the industrial port expansion project, on the southern shore of Aqaba, experienced nausea and suffocation after inhaling ammonia gas that was leaking from the fertilizer transfer line.
The fertilizer transfer line, that runs from the fertilizer complex to the industrial port, was fractured by a large mechanism, Commissioner of Environment in the Special Region, Suleiman ِِAngedat told Ro’ya.
He added that during the maintenance, ammonia gas leaked from the pipe and was inhaled by the workers at the site, despite the fact that workers were wearing masks as part of general safety precautions.
The affected workers were taken to Prince Hashem Military hospital, and are in a stable condition, Angedat noted.