Published: 2017-10-20 09:55
Last Updated: 2017-10-20 10:12
Two Palestinian houses in the Halaweh village of Hebron, were demolished on Thursday, according to Maan news.
Israeli forces raided the village Thursday morning, and the two demolished houses were identified as belonging to Mohammed Younis Abu Aram and Khalil Younis Abu Aram, said Ratib al-Jabour, a coordinator of the National and Popular Committees in the southern West Bank.
A spokesperson for COGAT, the agency responsible for implementing the Israeli government’s policies in the occupied Palestinian Territory, told Maan that an “enforcement was carried out this morning against two illegal constructions in the village of Halawa, which were built illegally without the required permits."
Al-Jbour said that there is an ongoing case in Israeli courts regarding the two home, but they were destroyed anyways.
Homes in the Halaweh village have been exposed to many demolishing incidents since last year. Several homes were destroyed displacing 78 Palestinians, including 60 children.