Published: 2017-09-24 17:06
Last Updated: 2017-10-25 21:17
Editor: Arwad Khalifeh
There’s more to keeping her happy than flowers and a box of chocolates, and to keeping him happy than a nice home-cooked meal.
These Jordanian married men and women think they have found the key to living happily ever after and they want to share their secret with brides and grooms-to-be, newlyweds and couples whose marriages are on the rocks.
Don’t let Jordan ranking in 16th place amongst the “Top 20 places where divorce is most common” (2016) put you off saying “I do.”
Take notes as these Jordanians share with you their top tips for a successful marriage.
1. Don’t compare your spouse to anyone else; make them feel like they’re the best.
2. As long as they’re independent from their family and aren’t influenced by what they say, things will be alright.
3. Financial stability is crucial.
4. Maintaining a great, respectful relationship with your spouse’s family goes a long way.
5. Compromise. Compromise. Compromise.
6. Be open and honest about every aspect of your life. Secrets, even harmless ones, can cause a lot of trouble.
7. Be open to discussion; don’t think that you’re always right.
8. Show interest but do not interfere in each other’s lives.
9. Having the same level of intellect is essential.
10. Love is a key ingredient.